Please click on the link below to see the Return Result of an Uncontested Election for Parish Councillors for Dallington.
Election of Parish Councillors for Dallington
Click on the link below to see all results for District and Parish election nominees and whether the election is contested or uncontested.
Please click here
Just a reminder that the next Saturday opening of the Library Cafe in Dallington Old School Village Hall is this Saturday 6th April from 10-12. We will be including a plant sales table this month and each monthly Saturday session throughout the summer and autumn. Please come along to buy or bring any spare plants, seeds and garden produce.
(Message posted on behalf of Doug Edworthy, Tree warden for Dallington and Brightling)
In February 2019 the Tree Council published an Action Plan Toolkit concerning Chalara (Ash Dieback disease) primarily aimed at authorities and big landowners.
While the Action Plan Toolkit might not be directly applicable to all parishioners of Brightling and Dallington, there are landholdings in the parishes containing a great number of Ash trees some of which are near to public roads, bridleways and footpaths and may pose a risk when they become infected.
The document also outlines the responsibilities and actions expected of local authorities and so it will provide a useful checklist against which our own local authorities’ performance can be monitored.
Please click on this link to access a summary of information from the ‘Toolkit’ that is relevant or of interest to people of our two parishes. Summary of Tree Council Toolkit
You can also download the full Toolkit here: https://www.treecouncil.org.uk/Ash-Dieback
Please click on the link below to see the official Notice of Election for District Councillors from Rother District Council.
Notice of Election – District 25.03.19
Click on the link below to see an announcement from Sussex Police about PCSO recruitment.
Click on the link below to see an announcement from Sussex Police about their 72 new recruits.
Sussex Police has welcomed a further 72 new PC recruits
An ongoing TV Licensing phishing campaign, first identified by the National Fraud Intelligence Unit (NFIB) in September 2018, continues to be reported to Action Fraud in high numbers. Fraudsters are sending the public fake TV Licensing emails that are designed to steal their personal and financial information. Since April 2018, Action Fraud has received over 900 crime reports with victim losses totalling more than £830,000.
How you can protect yourself
1. Don’t click on the links or attachments in suspicious emails and never respond to messages that ask for your personal or financial details.
2. Don’t assume a phone call or email is authentic, even if someone knows your basic details (such as your name and address). Remember, criminals can spoof phone numbers and emails addresses to appear as companies you know and trust, such as TV Licensing.
3. Your bank will never call and ask you for your PIN, full banking password, or ask you to transfer money out of your account.
What to do if you’ve fallen victim
1. Let your bank know as soon as possible and monitor your bank statements regularly for any unusual activity.
2. If you suspect your identity may have been stolen you can check your credit file quickly and easily on-line. Use a reputable service provider and follow up on any unexpected or suspicious results.
3. If you have been a victim of fraud or cyber crime – report it to Action Fraud at actionfraud.police.uk or by calling 0300 123 2040.
I have just been informed of the following road closures in Brightling, for South East Water to carry out water main connections.
This series of closures is over 8 months – from 07.05.19 to 20.12.19!
Click on the link below to see a list of the sequence of closures and diversions.
Road Closures Brightling
Go to the link below to see the area on a map on the ESCC Highways website
Click on the links below to see details of the Rother District parking consultation and how you can take part.
RDC Parking Consultation
Plan of proposed Rother CPE area
Click on the link below to see details and information for protection/awareness re scamming.
East Sussex Against Scams