In case you missed it in the longer general post about re-opening, this is a quick reminder that the library cafe will be open this Monday 29th July from 2-4pm. Everyone welcome; come and browse the new selection of books and enjoy a cup of tea and a chat.
“Woodlands at War: The impact and legacy of WW1 and WW2 on Britain’s Woodlands” talk by Clive Mayhew
Talk at Dallington Village Hall, Friday 6th August, 7 pm start. No entrance fee, but donations to cover the cost of refreshments would be welcome.
Description: The substantial contribution made by British woodlands over two world wars has been somewhat overlooked in subsequent histories. This talk looks at those pre-war woodlands,describes the extent of their contribution during these conflicts, and assesses its post war legacy. Continue reading “Woodlands at War Talk Friday 6th August 7pm”
We are finally reopening! After many months of waiting for national restrictions to be lifted, we can finally announce (fingers crossed) that Dallington Old School Village Hall will re-open for bookings from Monday July 19th. (All booking enquiries to Karen Gillingham on 01435 831563.) Continue reading “Village Hall re-opening soon!”
(from Bobbie Steel)
- St Giles Church services in March
- Sunday March 1st 11am. Service of The Word
- Sunday March 8th. 6.30pm. Evensong
- Sunday March 15th 11am. Holy Communion
- Sunday March 22nd 9.30am. Holy Communion
- Sunday March 29th. 11am. Service of The Word
- Library Cafe Saturday March 7th from 10-12 and every Monday afternoon from 2-4. Books, refreshments, friendly company.
- Art Club (weekly) Monday mornings from 10-12
- Book Club (monthly) Monday March 9th 4-5pm
- History Group There will be meetings of the History Group on
March 10th (Doug Edworthy on the history of Dallington Forest) and
March 24th (Pauline Ridley on Dallington Reading Room 100 years ago)
All at 7 for 7.30pm in Dallington Old School Village Hall.
- Poetry Group (monthly) Monday March 16th 4-5pm
- Villagers Group (monthly) The Dallington Village Group will meet on Thursday March 19th at 7pm in the hall. (Please note the change of time). The subject will be ‘Who’s done that?’
Friday 21st February at Dallington Old School Village Hall. Doors open at 7 pm and the quiz starts at 7.30 pm promptly.
You can either make up your own team (maximum 6 members) or just turn up and join with others to make up a team on the night.
Entry £7.50 per person to include a finger buffet; please bring your own drinks. all profits go to maintain the village hall for the benefit of the community. Come along for an enjoyable evening.
REMINDER: the monthly Saturday Library Cafe takes place tomorrow 4th January 10-12, and the weekly library cafe restarts this Monday 6th January 2-4pm
We now have a printer and some laptops and can offer computer support whenever the library is open; you can also print or copy for 5p a page.
Church Services in January:
- Sunday 5th 10.30am. Holy Communion with Reverend Stuart Baker
- Sunday 12th 6.30pm. Evensong
- Sunday 19th. 11am. Holy Communion
- Sunday 26th. 9.30am. Holy Communion
Old School Village Hall. Forthcoming events:
Library Cafe – see above
The AGM is to be held on Monday January 27th at 4pm. Please do come along and hear the plans for the year ahead.
Quiz on February 21st. 7 for 7.30pm. There will be refreshments, please bring your own drinks and glasses.
On April 24th, in the evening, the film of the Dallington Millennium Pageant will be shown. More details later.
The newly-formed Dallington Village Group will take place every month on the 3rd Thursday 2-4 pm in the winter and evenings in summer months. The annual subscription will be £20.
The first meeting takes place on January 16th 2 – 4pm in the hall – you are asked to bring 6 quiz questions, on any subject. There will be refreshments.
Sadly, the Christmas Party in December was the last meeting of the WI, and it has now been suspended. Perhaps in the future some energetic, younger women might decide to start it up again. We very much hope so.
We are delighted to announce that Pam Fuller has agreed to run a Christmas Wreath Workshop in the Old School Village Hall on Tuesday 26th November from 10-12 for just £5 per head including refreshments .
Pam will provide some materials such as wreath wire and ribbon, but asks everyone to bring the following items:
- 3 x 14″ lengths of cupressus (cypress) or other evergreen
- Ball of green string
- Things to decorate your wreath with, eg holly, baubles etc
(Posted on behalf of Karen Gillingham)
A Snooker Competition will take place during the first two weeks of December, in the Snooker Room of Dallington Old School Village Hall.
Entry fee £10; winner will receive three months free use of the Snooker Room.
Deadline for entries 30th November – contact Karen Gillingham 01435 831563 or 07941 847750
Quiz night. Friday 18th October 7 pm for 7.30 pm start at Dallington Old School Village Hall.