DRAFT MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL DALLINGTON PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON 17th MAY 2022
Present: Councillors W. Miers (Chair), N. Holyoake (Vice-Chair), J. Gray, N. Harding, P. Ridley
Mrs. I. Marchant (Parish Clerk/RFO)
Members of the public
1. Election of Chair for 2022-23
RESOLVED – that Councillor Miers be elected Chair for the council year 2022-23. Councillor Holyoake proposed and Councillor Gray seconded, the voting was unanimous. The Chair signed the Declaration of Office, countersigned by the Clerk as Proper Officer.
2. Election of Vice-Chair for 2022-23
RESOLVED – that Councillor Holyoake be elected Vice-Chair for the council year 2022-23. Councillor Gray proposed and Councillor Ridley seconded, the voting was unanimous.
3. Disclosure of interests
The Chair declared a personal interest in item 11 (grant to Dallington PCC) as she is a Churchwarden and will not take part in the voting.
5. Apologies for absence
6. Accuracy of the minutes of the previous meeting(s)
RESOLVED – that the draft minutes of the full council meeting on 22.03.22 and the planning meeting on 19.04.22 be confirmed as being accurate records of the proceedings. Councillor Harding proposed and Councillor Holyoake seconded, the voting was unanimous.
7. Open Forum
7.1 Chair’s report – Councillor W. Miers
- The DRG car park needs spraying urgently.
- There is a very bad pothole on Prinkle Hill.
- We believe that the works at Swan Farm are repairs/tidying up of the barns.
- Glaziers Forge waste collection issues – another meeting with residents is planned and another green bin will be required.
- Be aware of unauthorised gateways/entrances appearing on our roads.
- I will be representing DPC at the RDC Standards in Public Life meetings.
8. Approval of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return 2021-22 (AGAR)
RESOLVED – to approve item 8.1, the Certificate of Exemption 2021-22. Councillor Ridley proposed and Councillor Harding seconded, the voting was unanimous.
RESOLVED – to approve item 8.2, the Annual Governance Statement 2021-22. Councillor Gray proposed and Councillor Holyoake seconded, the voting was unanimous.
RESOLVED – to approve item 8.3, the Accounting Statements 2021-22. Councillor Ridley proposed and Councillor Gray seconded, the voting was unanimous.
RESOLVED – to approve the Explanation of Variance and the Bank Reconciliation at 31.03.22. Councillor Holyoake proposed and Councillor Harding seconded, the voting was unanimous.
DPC would like to thank Mr. Whines for the constructive and positive manner in which he conducted the DPC internal auditor’s report and appoint as DPC’s internal auditor for 2022-23.
9. Re-adoption/amendments to DPC’s council documents
RESOLVED – to re-adopt DPC’s council documents for 2022-23. Councillor Gray proposed and Councillor Harding seconded, the voting was unanimous.
10. DPC appointments to outside bodies
- Councillor Holyoake will represent DPC at the Rother Association of Local Councils (RALC)
- The Chair will represent DPC at RDC’s Standards in Public Life meetings.
11. Grant request from Dallington PCC
RESOLVED – to grant the sum of £750.00 to Dallington PCC for upkeep of the churchyard. Councillor Gray proposed and Councillor Ridley seconded. The voting was unanimous.
12. The Queen’s 70th Jubilee
12.1 RESOLVED – that DPC will fund food and drink and oversee the beacon lighting at the community event at the DRG on 02.06.22. The Clerk will conduct a risk assessment. The Chair proposed and Councillor Gray seconded, the voting was unanimous.
12.2 RESOLVED – to purchase a 2-seater bench from Wealden Benches, the actual siting of the bench is to be discussed with Dallington PCC. Councillor Holyoake proposed and Councillor Gray seconded, the voting was unanimous.
Other events will be taking place over the 4 days of the Queen’s Jubilee, full details of these are available on our website at – www.dallington.org.uk
13.1 Planning application(s) for consideration
RR/2022/756/P Hollyhock Cottage, Battle Road
Alterations and replacement of rear extension with enlarged footprint.
AGREED – to make a general comment only. DPC agree with the general design of this application with regard to the garden room but have concerns that the proposed building is not in keeping with a listed building.
RR/2022/810/P The Old Rectory, The Street
Proposed outdoor swimming pool.
AGREED – to support this application.
13.2 No other planning matters for discussion.
14.2 No Dallington items on RDC’s weekly enforcement list.
14.3 No other enforcement matters for discussion.
15. Highways/Rights of Way
The pothole(s) in Prinkle Hill will be reported to ESCC Highways (yet again).
16.1 Bank balances at 30.04.22
- DPC deposit account – £19,078.35
- DPC current account – £1,871.56
- DRG current account – £338.54
16.2 RESOLVED – to approve the following payments. Councillor Gray proposed and Councillor Ridley seconded, the voting was unanimous.
- Clerk, salary/home office/expenses (Apr/May 2022) – £940.41
- Mastercard fee – £3.00
16.3 RESOLVED – to approve the bank reconciliation and budget monitor at 30.04.22. Councillor Holyoake proposed and Councillor Harding seconded, the voting was unanimous.
17. Dates of next meetings
- 21.06.22 – planning meeting (provisional, will only be held if required).
- 19.07.22 – full council meeting.